"PRACTICING THE WAY"
This Spring we are studying Matthew 5-7 and examining Jesus' teachings on what it means to live as transformed followers of His Way. As we work through this series over the next few months, we will be providing various resources to help you as you strive to apply and practice Jesus' way in your own life. To kick things off, we want to spend some intentional time as a church practicing the discipline of Silence and Solitude.
One of the trends we see throughout Jesus' life is the priority He put on disconnecting from the busyness of life to spend time alone with His Father God. In our culture today silence is all but obliterated by the constancy of schedules, the never-ending noise of technology, and the interconnectedness of our lives.
In this video, four of our staff members discuss the struggle of practicing Silence and Solitude in their personal lives and give some helpful tips on how to get away from the noise of life to spend intentional time with God.
"Silence and Solitude"
- Discussion Markers –
- 1:20 – Why does unplugging and spending time in silence and solitude with the Lord seem to be so elusive in our lives?
- 05:38 – What are we sacrificing when we neglect this discipline in our lives?
- 10:51 – How can you practice discipline when you’re a busy mom with kids?
- 13:30 – How do you make silence and solitude not a legalistic "I have to do this" thing, but a "this is fuel for my soul" thing?
- 17:38 – Has there been a time in your life where you really feel like the Lord has met you in a moment of silence with him?
- 23:45 – How can I practically start to practice silence and solitude in my life today?